Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Started with Halcyon Health
Halcyon Health is a dietitian private practice. Our registered dietitians are experts in nutrition and use medical nutrition therapy, backed by evidence based science, to help our clients manage various chronic diseases.
We provide nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy for the following common chronic diseases
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolic Syndrome
- High Cholesterol
- Food Allergies or Food intolerances
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis)
We are currently in network with Cigna (NY & FL) and Aetna (NY).
For out-of-network benefits, please call the number on the back of your card. Ask the representative:
- What are my benefits for nutrition counseling by a registered dietitian?
- Is there a limit to the number of visits?
- Do I need a doctor’s referral?
- Are telehealth visits covered the same as in-office visits?
Starting your Journey to Health
Initial Nutrition Assessment: Up to 60 minutes
Follow-up Sessions: Up to 45 minutes